This is a step-by-step guide on how to split a single segment job into multiple jobs on the same day.
In the following example, we will be splitting a job that runs from 7:00AM-2:30PM into two jobs that run from 7:00AM to 11:00AM and 11:00AM to 2:30PM.
1. Navigate to the job Details > Edit Segment.
2. Edit the Start and End time of the job to match one of the two jobs you are trying to create. In this case, we will change the job to the AM job (7:00AM-11:00AM).
3. Now that the original job has been edited to 7:00AM to 11:00AM, you can add the afternoon segment to the job (because the times will no longer overlap) by clicking Add Segment.
4. Enter the Date and Site of the afternoon job segment followed by the Schedule, Start time, End time, Job Reason, and Job Position then click Add Segment.
5. Once the additional segment has been added, you will see Itinerant Schedule which means the job has multiple job segments on the same day. You can view the job segments by using the corresponding arrow. The date within the calendar will also turn orange.
6. Click the Split button to split the two job segments into two jobs.
7. Select the job segment you would like to split and click the Split Segment button. In this case, the afternoon job segment will be split into its own job.
8. You will see that the afternoon job segment has been successfully split into its own job which you can view by clicking the Child Job ID link.
9. From the child job Details page, you can review all information about the child job and/or assign a substitute. To navigate back to the parent job from which the child job was originally split, click the Parent Job ID link.